Sunday, May 9, 2010

spring is flighting to come..

the
snow
is
l
i
g
h
t
l
y


fAlliNg.

The silence is the pounding reality of
the
new
season.


My ears hear the air.
my heart hears the
uncomfortable
sEnSe
of
cHanGe.

I can smell it in the air.

the SeAsoN is cHanGiNg.

the winds are changing.
the sun is being stretched farther into the night
the warmth upon my skin is pursuing my soul.

I have been bundled up for so long.
the layers of protection are
now shedding off
this
heart
of
miNe.

the scarf to protect my neck.
so I can have
movement
to look
to the
leFt or the riGhT.
the scarf has made it hard to turn widely and quickly.

the hat to protect my head.
my thoughts.
my mind.
the hat has covered my ears and
has slightly dimmed my hearing.

the gloves to protect my hands.
so i could still reach out
and touch.
the gloves stood between skin to skin.

the boots to protect my feet.
so I could keep walking
forward
the boots naturally slowed down my pace.

the jacket to protect my heart.
the vulnerability.
the fears.
the unnerving
reality
of
winter
the jacket warmed me rather than the evidence of the sun.
it warmed the exterior of me
not
the interior.

I have been treading water in an ocean of transition.
my legs have grown tired of
running after this concert
of cHanGe.

and
here
it
is.

spring is fighting to come.
the
rivers
want
to

FLOW.

the frozen waters of my heart are thawing.
the deadness of the trees are starting to see buds.

the brownness of the grass is slowly turning green.

sPrinG is fiGhtiNg to cOme.

my muddy footprints are becoming clear.

even though I am been waiting for spring.
holding on for spring.
grasping for this day..

there is something unCOmForTaBle

about
the
changing

of seasons.

we grasp onto the past.
we drown in the tension of change.


spRinG is fiGhtInG tO come.
to overcome.

to bring the new life

that
winter
has
been
promising.

today i am here.

the wiNtEr is paSsiNg.

the spring is coming.

i await the promise of spring
as it enfolds
right
before
my
eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment